Skip to main content

Rainbow Log Cabin Quilt

I made this rainbow log cabin quilt for my step daughter.
She sent me a picture of a similar log cabin quilt she liked and I created a pattern in EQ7. This pattern was super easy to put together. The blocks are very large. I think they are 28" blocks! This was my first log cabin quilt. I really liked piecing it together.




I have have had the top finished for a few weeks and now I am ready to quilt it. I thought about doing an all over design with my Pro Sticher but I really didn't like any of the options I looked at. So this one is going to be quilted free motion!

I haven't practiced to much free motion quilting on my longarm so it will me far from perfect. Most of my free motion quilting has been done on my Bernina.
 This is the design I came up with.


I think I will change the bottom right corner feather but it is what I am aiming for. This is a huge quilt. 95" square so I wanted a large design on it. Here is what it looks like now.



I think it is looking good! I am not unhappy about the way it is turning out! :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kern County Fair and Cowboy Quilts! Updated!

The fair is coming to Bakersfield next week.  I thought I would honor the fair by talking about my cowboy boot quilt I made for my sister-in-law last year.

I made this quilt before I bought my Handi Quilter longarm.  The quilt was quilted on my Bernina.  I marked the quilt before quilting and also did some free motion quilting on it.  I wish I would of took a picture of the setup I had for the Bernina.

I had the sewing machine in our great room on a small fold up table.  We bought a Styrofoam insulation board and cut it up to fit around the sewing machine to make a wide flat surface.  The styrofoam was an inch and a half thick I believe and we doubled it up to bring it to the surface of the sewing machine.  It worked out pretty well.  I still wouldn't go back to it now that I have a longarm.

The thing I hated the most about quilting on my Bernina was sandwiching the quilt on the ground.  I am too old for that.... well at least I feel like I am! It sure was a lot of work.  Sometimes …

Finished Stars Oh My Quilt

Here are some updated pictures of my Stars quilt.  The glue basting worked ok.  I wish I would of starched the fabric better before cutting the pieces out.  There is a lot of bias on the star blocks.

My daughter loved the quilt!  I think the pattern turned out nice.




End of the year catch up!

The year is almost over.  
Here are some things I have been working on.

I finish my little Christmas Tree Paper Pieced quilt pattern.  My son had filmed a video of me making it that I wanted to post on my website, but he has been distracted and hasn't finished it.

If you are interested in the pattern it is located on my website.   Please understand that I wrote the instructions quickly because I meant to also post the video.  If my son completes it I will.  http://www.cluttercreations.com/quilting/quilt-patterns.html



I know this is really late in posting this since Christmas is over, but you could always just make it a tree quilt!

I also created a small quilt for the turkey hand contest at work.  So I won second place.  I didn't see the first place winner.

I just realized that the turkey is missing his eyes in this picture!  They must of came off when I brought it home.  Just picture it with those movable eyes!  I will have to find some more eyes to put on it.



I finished quilting a …