Skip to main content

Accuquilt Gone to the Dogs Pattern

Wow it looks like I haven't posted anything new in two years.
My life is crazy busy. I work full-time at an awesome company as a Information Analyst and I work part-time creating quilting patterns.

Lately I have been writing patterns for our local quilt shop.  The patterns are theirs, I am just creating the final product.  I have also been writing patterns for Accuquilt. I design the patterns, choose the fabric and submit it for consideration.  If they like it then I create the pattern for them.

Recently Accuquilt put the pattern and video out on their website.  It is called Gone to the Dogs. You can see the video here on Youtube. Gone to the dogs video.  You can also find the pattern on the Accuquilt site for free! Pattern.
This is a super simple quilt to make.  It is made using Accuquilts amazing Qube dies for the Go! Cutter.  This quilt uses the GO! Qube Mix & Match 12" Block and the GO! Qube 12" Companion Set-Classics. You will need the rectangle die from the first one and the Drunkard's path from the Companion set.  
This is the first time I used the Qube.  I like the way the dies are organized in the storage cube that it comes in.  This makes it easy to store. I own the Go! electric cutter and a bunch of other dies.  I find the strip dies the most useful for cutting borders and binding.
I know what you are thinking! The Drunkard's path is curved piecing... yuck!  Really it isn't that bad. What I did to make it easier is to use a washable glue stick.  I glued all the Drunkard's path blocks together before I started sewing.  This made it a snap to finish the quilt quickly.  I actually sewed the top in one day!  I wished I would of taken the time to snap some pictures of the piecing process.

If you are thinking about making this quilt you can easily add some blocks to make it bigger.
The fabric in the quilt is from Timeless Treasures.  I love the dog print fabrics they have. This is the second quilt I have made using their Dog print fabric.
The quilting was done on my longarm using a computerized pattern. I would of loved to custom quilt this quilt but the deadline didn't permit it.  I still think it turned out fantastic!

This pattern would look equally beautiful in another choice of fabric for example: Marcus Fabric's Intrigue by Nancy Rink!  Ok I choose her fabric because she lives in my home town!
Here is a picture of the lonestar quilt I did with the same fabric.  By the way I also used the GO! Sparkle-Diamonds by Sarah Vedeler dies to cut all the diamonds for this quilt.  I know I could of strip cut it but this worked for me.
I have more patterns I am developing for Accuquilt so more to come!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kern County Fair and Cowboy Quilts! Updated!

The fair is coming to Bakersfield next week.  I thought I would honor the fair by talking about my cowboy boot quilt I made for my sister-in-law last year.

I made this quilt before I bought my Handi Quilter longarm.  The quilt was quilted on my Bernina.  I marked the quilt before quilting and also did some free motion quilting on it.  I wish I would of took a picture of the setup I had for the Bernina.

I had the sewing machine in our great room on a small fold up table.  We bought a Styrofoam insulation board and cut it up to fit around the sewing machine to make a wide flat surface.  The styrofoam was an inch and a half thick I believe and we doubled it up to bring it to the surface of the sewing machine.  It worked out pretty well.  I still wouldn't go back to it now that I have a longarm.

The thing I hated the most about quilting on my Bernina was sandwiching the quilt on the ground.  I am too old for that.... well at least I feel like I am! It sure was a lot of work.  Sometimes …

Finished Stars Oh My Quilt

Here are some updated pictures of my Stars quilt.  The glue basting worked ok.  I wish I would of starched the fabric better before cutting the pieces out.  There is a lot of bias on the star blocks.

My daughter loved the quilt!  I think the pattern turned out nice.




End of the year catch up!

The year is almost over.  
Here are some things I have been working on.

I finish my little Christmas Tree Paper Pieced quilt pattern.  My son had filmed a video of me making it that I wanted to post on my website, but he has been distracted and hasn't finished it.

If you are interested in the pattern it is located on my website.   Please understand that I wrote the instructions quickly because I meant to also post the video.  If my son completes it I will.  http://www.cluttercreations.com/quilting/quilt-patterns.html



I know this is really late in posting this since Christmas is over, but you could always just make it a tree quilt!

I also created a small quilt for the turkey hand contest at work.  So I won second place.  I didn't see the first place winner.

I just realized that the turkey is missing his eyes in this picture!  They must of came off when I brought it home.  Just picture it with those movable eyes!  I will have to find some more eyes to put on it.



I finished quilting a …