Skip to main content

End of the year catch up!

The year is almost over.  
Here are some things I have been working on.

I finish my little Christmas Tree Paper Pieced quilt pattern.  My son had filmed a video of me making it that I wanted to post on my website, but he has been distracted and hasn't finished it.

If you are interested in the pattern it is located on my website.   Please understand that I wrote the instructions quickly because I meant to also post the video.  If my son completes it I will.  http://www.cluttercreations.com/quilting/quilt-patterns.html



I know this is really late in posting this since Christmas is over, but you could always just make it a tree quilt!

I also created a small quilt for the turkey hand contest at work.  So I won second place.  I didn't see the first place winner.

I just realized that the turkey is missing his eyes in this picture!  They must of came off when I brought it home.  Just picture it with those movable eyes!  I will have to find some more eyes to put on it.



I finished quilting a quilt for a friend at work.  This one is quilted all free motion.  It was the first time I tried the swirl feather pattern.  She was super excited about it.  That always makes a quilter happy! :)






I also did a sampler quilt.  I was trying out the fill patterns on my longarm.  Some of the quilt is free motion and the letters and fills in the letters are done by the computer.










It is always fun to see the back side of the quilt!



  I have a few more things I have been doing but I will leave it for the next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kern County Fair and Cowboy Quilts! Updated!

The fair is coming to Bakersfield next week.  I thought I would honor the fair by talking about my cowboy boot quilt I made for my sister-in-law last year.

I made this quilt before I bought my Handi Quilter longarm.  The quilt was quilted on my Bernina.  I marked the quilt before quilting and also did some free motion quilting on it.  I wish I would of took a picture of the setup I had for the Bernina.

I had the sewing machine in our great room on a small fold up table.  We bought a Styrofoam insulation board and cut it up to fit around the sewing machine to make a wide flat surface.  The styrofoam was an inch and a half thick I believe and we doubled it up to bring it to the surface of the sewing machine.  It worked out pretty well.  I still wouldn't go back to it now that I have a longarm.

The thing I hated the most about quilting on my Bernina was sandwiching the quilt on the ground.  I am too old for that.... well at least I feel like I am! It sure was a lot of work.  Sometimes …

Finished Stars Oh My Quilt

Here are some updated pictures of my Stars quilt.  The glue basting worked ok.  I wish I would of starched the fabric better before cutting the pieces out.  There is a lot of bias on the star blocks.

My daughter loved the quilt!  I think the pattern turned out nice.